I am a serial reader and love non-fiction articles. For me to find it again and for you to enjoy, I’ll share it here weekly.
1) How Book Launches Have Changed in the Digital Age. This is a great article by Anne R Allen on book launches. I’ve been wondering about this aspect especially in indie publishing. Really great article and some helpful links how others have done it. I think I will have to round them up in their own ‘Bookish links’ post… http://annerallen.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/how-book-launches-have-changed-in.html
2) 14 Stages of Writing a Book (or finishing any big project) by Ann Handley. I’ve read gazillions of these posts but they stay fascinating… http://www.annhandley.com/2014/05/31/14-stages-writing-a-book-finishing-big-project/
3) A word of warning from Jeff Goings to blogging writers. Why You Need to Stop Blogging. I can really associate with this. Blogging can keep me so busy that my manuscripts really fall by the way side. BALANCE I think is key. http://goinswriter.com/stop-blogging/
4) Writers’ notebooks: ‘A Junkyard of the Mind’ This is such a precious article. My notebooks are usually a disaster! I have to really shuffle through the ‘junk’ to find the useful stuff. By the way, I love a beautiful notebook…http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27468949
5) ‘I’ll write my novel when…’ Sounds familiar? Yeah, we will all rather postpone something rather than just tackle the sweet with the bitter. In Afrikaans we have a saying ‘van uitstel kom afstel’… http://www.allisontait.com/2011/09/famous-last-words-ill-write-my-novel-when/
Did you enjoy any articles? Please share in the comments with me.