I am a serial reader and love non-fiction articles. For me to find it again and for you to enjoy, I’ll share it here weekly.
1) How to have a crap-load more time by Johnny B Truant. I know if I step away from social media in general for a while, time seem to be lined up! Johnny makes an interesting point of even something as simple as email that one keeps checking hourly! Johnny undertook a challenge to only check his email and social media twice a day. http://johnnybtruant.com/how-to-have-a-crapload-more-time/
2) Famous Novelists Symbolism their work and Whether it was Intentional. Decades ago the young Bruce McAllister did a bold thing. He posed his questions about the English language to novelists of that time. And they replied!!! I found this so entertaining! I wonder if novelists will answer today… http://mentalfloss.com/article/30937/famous-novelists-symbolism-their-work-and-whether-it-was-intentional
3) Gaining Time by Loosing Addiction, Johnny B Truant’s feedback on his social media and email fast. I wish I could capture my own experiences like this! I thought this was well explained! http://johnnybtruant.com/augusts-trial-results-gaining-time-by-losing-email-addiction/
4) A Career versus Publication. I must admit, I really want to be a career writer and have not even had my first book written! Kris explains the difference very well. I still want to be a career writer. http://kriswrites.com/2013/08/28/the-business-rusch-a-career-versus-publication/#sthash.2AWCt8vi.dpbs
5) Chuck Wending vents a bit in this post after an experience on the kboards. He does have a point though. The quality of self-published books should not be substandard. Not be mediocre. There’s enough places to practice our writing but that published book should not be it! I can’t believe I agree with him… http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2014/01/28/follow-up-on-self-publishing-readers-are-not-good-gatekeepers/
That’s all from me this week. Enjoy it!
Did you enjoy any articles? Please share in the comments with me.