I am a serial reader and love non-fiction articles. For me to find it again and for you to enjoy, I’ll share it here weekly.
1) This makes my heart sing! Shadows Beneath by the members of Writing Excuses Podcast has been available for a while. I absolutely love this podcast and the diversity of the presenters. They also had a series in which they critiqued the four individual stories and basically assisted in the rewrite and edit of each of these stories. I thought this was great. http://brandonsanderson.com/shadows-beneath/
2) JF Penn signed with a Literary Agent in 2012. I found this notice a bit surprising since she is the go-to author for self-publishing. She did however touch here on hybrid publishing which is new to me. http://www.jfpenn.com/literary-agent/ (It seems that she’s back to being fully self-published)
3) The Wellness Mama wrote this bullet point post on CopyBlogger about cramming great content out every day. I know all these things but I just can’t seem to get it out like that. I think I try too much too quickly. Starting with 200 words might be wisdom. Have to try that. http://www.copyblogger.com/content-every-day/
4) Stephanie Morrill shares her wisdom in this first part of developing your story idea into scenes for a novel. http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-develop-your-story-idea-into.html
5) Myra Johnson gives some advice in this post about titles. I really struggle finding titles for my short stories. In my last assignment, my tutor gave some tips about the titles but I am gobsmacked if I figure out a catchy title. It seems so simple but alas… http://seekerville.blogspot.com/2014/07/tips-and-tricks-for-terrific-titles.html
That’s all from me this week. Enjoy it!
Did you enjoy any articles? Please share in the comments with me.