I am a serial reader and love non-fiction articles. For me to find it again and for you to enjoy, I’ll share it here weekly.
1) I find it difficult to break into the freelance market. I’ve tried so many places and were rejected every time. Gwen shares a surprising place where she ‘stumbled’ upon a writing job. I don’t want to write in certain previous experience areas purely because my knowledge is outdated for more than 8 years already. This is a reminder though of work closer to home. http://www.makealivingwriting.com/great-freelance-work-on-my-doorstep/
2) Kristen Lamb is one of my fav writing mentors. In this article she names and discusses some sins and virtues of prologues. I am on the fence still about prologues. I like to go through a book curious and discovering through the book all the past secrets. But then again, it is probably one of those virtues only certain writers get right so beautifully. http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/the-seven-deadly-sins-of-prologues-3/
3) Ali from Aliventures relaunched her free On Track Writing Course. She tailored it for writers to start where they need to which I think is cool. http://www.aliventures.com/on-track-writing-ecourse/
4) Writers and Authors gives some advice on maximising Facebook. http://www.writersandauthors.info/2014/07/10-tips-to-maximise-facebook-engagement.html
5) CS Larkin has some fun with synonyms! I must admit, I love words. I once started reading through the dictionary but never finished it. Maybe I should start that again. http://www.livewritethrive.com/2014/07/11/neglect-ignore-or-disregard-this-at-your-peril/
That’s all from me this week. Enjoy it!
Did you enjoy any articles? Please share in the comments with me.