I’ve managed to get another few words together that is new (or maybe just forgotten) by me.
It’s not that easy to always add these words to my vocabulary but I find that they pop up here and there in the stories I write and tell.
- noun a small, yellowish-white animal with a long body, bred for hunting rabbits and other small animals
- verb to search for something by moving things around with your hands, especially in a drawer, bag or other closed space
- verb to search for something or someone, by looking in many places or asking many questions
- Mexican slang for stuck-up or an uptight person!
- verb remonstrate with or rebuke (someone) angrily
- noun a woman who nags or grumbles constantly
- noun a thing said or done for amusement; a joke
- verb speak in a joking way
- adjective not quite right; inappropriate or out of place
- adverb wrongly or inappropriately
- verb go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner
- noun a meal
- noun the first or second stomach of a cow or other ruminant used as food
- informal nonsense; rubbish
And that is it on my list of weird and wonderful words.
Please share some of your unique or seldom used words with me on Twitter @ac_west_author
Until next time!